View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 11:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchevy View Post
Finally got enough Money saved up to buy a Hawk. Now Im afraid that If I get one I will have trouble with it because its a Chinese Clone of some type of other Bike. Just want to make sure that this is a good reliable Bike. So my question to you guys who have bought one is would you by another Hawk after owning one?
Hey man, I just crossed 3000 miles on mine and this is what has broken on me.

-Gas Tank Cracked (Seems like an isolated incident for the most part)

-Broke 1 spoke

-Sheared my sprocket bolts (Also seems like an isolated incident)

-Chain wore out almost immediately and needed to be replaced.

-One exhaust stud sheared off in the head (I think this was becuase another bolt came loose putting too much stress on that bolt)

-The high/low beam switch failed, so I wired it to always have the low beam on.

Other than that, I have done some upgrades (Like a carb, cluster, etc), and basic maintenance (oil, valves, etc).

I commute to work (3 hrs round trip), its never left me stranded. Ive been doing that for the past summer only though.

Side note, I ride my bike like I stole it. Wheelies, jumps, trail riding, full throttle blasts bouncing off the rev limiter occasionally, and 65mph highway stretches is how my bike gets ridden. It never has an easy day.

Yesterday I went down doing about 30 mph after some jerk pulled out infront of me, got a few scratches and bent some things, but it still got me home. No parts broke off.