View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 12:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
I've seen everything out there on the aftermarket carbs, sprokets, exhaust, oil coolers and other upgrades...but with or without those modifications is this bike enough?

How long can you actually ride this in one sitting. Is 2 hours on highway/country roads at 40-60 too much? How about 6 hours of mixed use riding?

Out of the box is this powerful and reliable enough for daily commuting about 25 miles? (All pavement, 25-45mph)

I really want one, but don't know if I'm asking too much. It would be about a 1.5 to 2 hour backroad cruise to miles of offload trails. Could this bike go there, hit the trails, and make it home all in a weekend?

What's the most wear and tear you have put on one of these?

Thanks for any help/info - this is a great site packed with great info!

--
Stealthy (I'm new 7/25/16)
Current bike: Dirt Only 89' Honda CR125 2 stroke
On my last run I did exactly as you said with around 220 gps miles and 55mph speeds for extended stretches with Temps in the mid to upper 90 at the end of day.6-7 hrs It was the blown out rear spoke that ended it. (Probably my fault for not checking the spokes). It's either your butt or the gas station that makes you get off.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~