View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #39

Carbs

Not like dual carbs...(yet)...but like the Mikuni vs the Keihin clone PZ.

I got the Mikuni last night and already had the jets on hand from Jets-R-Us (they always ship to me blisteringly fast).

I unboxed the Mikuni and it was the usual, nicely done carb that I've received in the past. I installed the jetting I'm starting with (25/110) and set the screw at an even two turns out just for reference....then mounted it on the TT.

I don't have comparison pics because..well..I blew it....but I have to give another "hats off" to Zongshen for the PZ carb they are using on the TT250. Compared to the POS sealed up PZ that came on my Rhino (it looked like a sandcasting from a 5 year old, gone bad), this PZ carb seems a really nice piece. So....that being said, unless you want all matching carbs on your Hondoids for jet swapping...and especially if you do the cheap PZ rebuild kit that has the real mixture screw like rojo linked for us....I really don't see any reason to spend the 30.00 to swap it out, if you have the right jetting for your mods/elevation. Really.

I'm going to keep the PZ as a backup and stuff one of those rebuild kits with the screw in it.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 03-27-2017 at 05:09 PM.