View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 01:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckred17 View Post
Thanks 2LZ. Here is the filter I put on it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With the new filter on it, I seems to run great standing still. I haven't rode it yet because of the tube that was on the canister. I think the filter had so much oil on it it was having a hard time getting enough air through the oil. I am going to put just a little fuel filter on the tube so dirt and water or bugs etc. do not get into the motor.

I have watched the choke and when I choke it wide open, it kills the motor. It does however seem to have some play in the cable at the switch when it is closed all the way. Is there someway to adjust it?
That's the same filter I'm running. No problems.

The cable is probably adjustable on a hold-down on the carb. Push the thumb paddle on the handle bars full right (open). Loosen the screw on the carb holddown (carb end of the cable) and slide the cable sheet. Make sure the actual choke flipper on the carb goes all the way open (full down position?), then tighten the screw. You don't want that mal-adjusted sheath not allowing your choke flipper to open all the way. My suspect, from my keyboard, is still there on your situation, especially showing a heavy rich condition on the plug and the symptoms that you are explaining.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350