View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 02:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckred17 View Post
Ok Guys,

Thanks for the help. First of all the plug is black. I assuming that means rich. The NGK plugs I bought were the wrong ones

So I pulled off the air cleaner canister and it runs great at full throttle. What is the hose that goes into the air cleaner for? When I opened up the canister, the filter was real oily. It looks like it came from that cause it is oily. My new filter is the blue one that someone on here recommended and it does not have a connector for the hose on it. Not sure what to do with that one.

I have about 5 hours on the oil but I am changing it today.

What do I do with the hose?

What NGK plug do you use?

Thanks
You still have the original garbage canister on it? Toss and get a pod.
That mystery hose comes from the crankcase breather. Do what I did and flip it around toward the ground. If you feel so inclined, put a little filter on its end but I've never done it. No problems in 50 years of riding. Some will warn you otherwise though.

The plug is a NGK D8EA. That's what I'm running with no problems. Man...black. Sure sounds like the choke is half way on.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350