Thread: Dualsport Chic
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Great to see you on Rex, DSC! I'm glad DMV worked out just fine for you, other tha one final curveball.

Let me chime in on a few of your concerns.

Like every CB I've had, it will loosen up considerably once broken in. I'm almost up to the 500 mile mark and between the 13 tooth sprocket and the engine loosening, it's no rocket but much more spry than out-of-box. The 13 does rob you some top speed though.

Play with the rear shock. I have the stocker and after an adjustment on the dampening and then unwinding the spring about 2.5 turns, it came right in and balanced with the front. It "bounces evenly" and responds very well in the corners now. I'm 200 pounds.

The shifting has smoothed out nicely to where even my neighbor commented on how smooth he thought it shifted. I have changed the oil at about 85 miles since this one wasn't prepped by CSC and I wanted to dump the original junk. The slight "double snick" into 6th is now about gone. This is something I've also felt in tops gears of other bikes. I think it's when the forks hit the stop on the drum. Just guessing though. Also, check the shifter bolt. It was tight, but the shifter wasn't snug on the shaft. It had a little wiggle and I needed to "cinch the pinch".

Yah....every CB mirror I've ever had has been more designed to match Voltron than actually provide a great rear view.

Unrelated: Adjust your chain and align the rear wheel. Mine was very tight and off center. Pop the plastic caps off the swingarm pivot bolt and use a tape measure. There's zero obstructions and you can align it perfectly. Between this and setting the rear shock, I'm totally impressed with the cornering prowess of this bike.

I look forward to your official write-up after break in!
Great list 2LZ I would like to add one more thing about the chain slack. On Mrs. Tigers 2015 White RX3 we noticed the chain would be loose at times and tight at other times when we stopped for fuel or to eat. We rolled her bike and it seamed that the rear sprocket was not centered, as she rode the bottom of the chain would jump excessively. Then rolled it to the tight spot and loosened the sprocket nuts and pulled the chain together in the middle to force the sprocket forward then tightened the bolts and then checked it again. After a couple of tries we found the sweat spot and cinched it down. Now the chain chain runs smooth and does not stretch as fast as it did before. There seems to be a little slack in the sprocket bolt holes and if tightened off center could cause some problems when adjusting the chain.
2015 RX3 Cyclone (White)
2015 RX3 Cyclone (Orange)
2016 Honda CB500X