View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 08:31 PM   #5

Those tenders are nice fer sure.

My boys 150 quad came with a chinese style one(charger/tender) with a fancy screw on connector. The quad has a built in female end near the rear fender. ("Zhejiang TOP " 12V- 1Ah, eq./changing -13.8V...float change -14.8V)
I'm not sure there is much of a charge system on this quad as the battery lasted overnight once when I first got it (charged overnight started good next day for awhile).I plan to upgrade to a larger batt than the 9ah batt. it came with.There is plenty of room for a "normal" size motorcycle batt. :o
Also I am not sure if the charger that came with it from China shuts down /reduces output or what...can't read chinese... The indicator light comes on and blinks after some time on the batt. I took this to be charging complete signal ...exept there was No juice to start quad at all.Maybe it is a fail signal??? Sorry to hijack thread, zapkin, but seeing this is a batt question we both could gain some knowledge.
The electric will start the quad if you try it after a little while running ,but you can't even leave it for 5 min. without being stone dead...must be batt. is my conclusion.

Anyways...to make long story short, I might have to invest in one of these nice battery tenders and garbage the chinese... :roll:
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)