View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Nice work on your Roketa! Do you plan to fabricate a heat shield? I haven't had to make on yet, but if I did I would start with a piece of tube that is only slightly larger than the cat bubble. I'd cut some slots or drill some holes in it and mount it to the existing nuts on the header. If you really wanted to get fancy, you could make it out of stainless tube.

Thanks for the additional pics of the XR/TS combo. I forgot about how the TS is a cradle frame vs. the stressed member Honda motor. Now I'm wondering if a 200cc Honda clone would drop in there.
Let's see, heat shield - I think I could do that... Or, possibly that metal that comes pre holed... Like a grate - and then bend and cut to shape. This is a budget build and so far I have less than 375$ into it, total, including the bike. Registration is 77$ here in Oregon so that's gonna be the big item.

Again, I can't believe this poor bike was so disabled; the PO was really fighting against a lot of issues... Between bad CDI, cracked intake, choke always closed and the plugged cat., wow... But man, it fires immediately when I hit the button now.

As far as re-engined TS Suzuki, there is a lot of room above the xr100 valve cover, and, seems like a person could cut that smaller bar out of there too, giving even more room. Also, the front mount could be easily modified. Since the Honda has the engine as part of the frame, can't see why the Suzuki couldn't be that too. Try it! The size of the Suzuki is really good. I like how they feel. The engines were good too, but a 4-stroke, in my opinion, is a better all around engine. Heck, if worst comes to worse, cut the whole front mount off, install the engine from the back where it needs to be and then redesign the front mount.

Piece of cake! Chinese bikes are the same thing going on! Who knows what frame my Roteka is modified from, but we know the engine is the Honda CG200.

I see you're in Abbotsford BC. I've been through there a lot. I lived in Alaska for 28 years (until I moved to Oregon to thaw) and usually turned south at Abbotsford to hit the custom station when I drove down the Alcan highway. Nice area. If I could move to anywhere in the world it would be BC. Love that pretty province. I'd move to somewhere probably out along the coast, or up between Smithers and Prince Rupert.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

“Throttle twisting geek” -LFN