View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX3James View Post
I checked them the other day when I changed the oil and oiled the air filter. They were snug and looked clean. But...
Come to think of it I never had this issue until after I replaced the OEM battery so maybe I should take a better look.... my 2nd thought was something that Spud had mentioned to me a few months ago. He said my valves might be too tight which could be causing the dying issue. I think I'm gonna check them on sunday and take them all the way out to 0.8mm and see if that makes any difference.
That could do it also. I'm not sure if you followed my thread or not but my brother and I each bought a pair of RX3's, used(?), from a nice gentleman in Oregon. These were supposed to be the first batch not prepped by CSC but supposedly the crates were send to the customer to assemble.

My bike had about 80 miles on it (my brothers had 17) and after I put 100 miles on it, I wanted to check the valves, just in case, since they hadn't been set by CSC. All but one were at .08MM. Just one was a little tight. I'll be setting mine at .08MM from here on out.

It really does sound like you have all the normal bugs worked out. I hope you decide to keep it. I really enjoy mine. It's a fun bike to ride..and when the rotor warps, I'll replace it, etc...etc... At least I won't be surprised! ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350