View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 10:34 PM   #37

Back to work. It's a lot easier to get around the shop than it is the house. Except for the bathroom. That needs a bit more practice. And I've never had so many people opening doors for me. Also, everybody in the shop is trying to figure a way to motorize the scooter.

It's not all puppies and unicorns, though. There are two managers that want me out of the building until I can walk unaided. Which means disability at 60% pay.

My boss and GM have my back, though, and I'm not going without a fight. I've already let them know that if I'm forced into disability at 60%, they can expect that I will only answer 60% of emails and phone calls. They should also expect that only 60% of the answers I do give will be correct. I told them it was only fair. That got the sales staff and customer service in an uproar, so their manager has backed off a bit. She and I have been at odds since I started. At a company party with spouses, she introduced me to her husband as one of the 'service maggots'. And she did that in front of my wife. She's been paying for that for the last twenty years.

The CFO doesn't care about my tit for tat threat, but he has an easily bruised ego. His staff has already started riding him about his parking right next to the closest handicap spot by the door while my wife drops me off and picks me up as far from the door as she can and I whip across the lot on the scooter. So pretty soon he'll be pouting about getting teased, and he'll back off, too.

No work tomorrow, though. First follow up with the foot doc.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts