View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #5

Thanks for the impartial eval, Doc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post

The handlebars and footpegs are well set up for standing while riding off road. Spud has risers on his bike, I don't know if they are stock or not.

The rear shock is way oversprung and overdamped for my 165 pound frame. Very harsh.

Handling was excellent. I do not agree with reviews that say (the street version at least) is twitchy. This thing handled great. The old dashed white line slalom at 55 MPH was very solid and quick. I very much like the handling.

The front brake sucked. Almost to the point of being unsafe. Grabby, non-progressive, with a major pulsation. I understand this is a known and surmountable defect. The rear brake was good.
Spud has indeed added bar risers, not stock. As to the shock being not suited to your 165 lb. frame, how is Spud's frame? I'm not certain his avatar pic is a currant picture.

I agree on the handling. Not sure if the RX and RC share the same frame, but the specs show the RC using 17" rims front and rear, so it's sure to have reduced trail if the frame is the same.

Reports on the front brake have been all over the scale. By ritual, I cleaned my discs and pucks right out of the crate before riding, in case any "goo" was on them. I'm satisfied with the performance on mine, good grab, progressive feel, no pulsing, and have locked it up twice. Once as a test, the other under duress on the road. Others have reported pulsing, weak grip, and such.

Overall, you now understand the fervor of the followers.