View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 07:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
consider lubing the axles/swing arm, clutch cable, and speedo hub housing and cable. also, check w mjsef on this board for one of his nifty digital tach/speedo clusters. maybe the best mod for hawks out there I have one and its first class! Also, if you haven't already, change the oil and clean the oil strainer. blue locktite every bolt/nut on the frame,forks etc. that you value, get a low profile oil drain plug and start looking for a bash plate.
I have two hawks and luv em, i went for 16/45 gearing for arkansas ozarks street/trail gearing. put one of those battery charging leads on while you have the seat off, you'll find a tool area you can't get to without pulling the seat. go to harbor freight- 5 bucks gets you an airproof /waterproof welding rod tube you can fix to the frame with a stainless circular clamp on the shifter side of the bike on the rear quarter. will give you a GREAT place to store your tools, maps or the infamous "burrito" (a board joke re tools, walmart has a 1.5 buck canvas paint brush roll up caddy that does a fine job of holding your tools in that tube and makes it easy to fish em in and out. you'll find the diameter of the tube helps balance a a set of small saddlebags paint the tube to your preference, comes in orange. also start looking for a handy sized magnetic tank bag( the gas tank is steel.
you might want to pop the rubber blocks out of your foot pegs. if you don't like em practically any of the bear claw pegs will fit. consider a longer shift lever,
then,
prepare yourself for a chit load of FUN
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~