Thread: Pros/Cons
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 12:15 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
The brakes seem fine for what their worth, at least for the moment. I will most likely invest in better shoes when these wear down. I mean, I am not really riding the bike very hard at the moment. Although I have been getting more aggressive with it, now that we have completed the first service.

My cons: The damn seat! Not only does it suck, I feel like I'm falling downhill into the the tank. Pressure on my hands, due that forward push. I did not notice this before, only because my husband has put more miles on it than I have. Now that I just put 200 miles on it since Saturday, my ass hurts, I'm sliding towards the tank and I have pressure in my hands at the grips. Another con; I find myself revving up the engine while grabbing the brake to stop. It is kind of scary. I have been trying to figure out why this is happening on the bike and the only thing I can think of, is it has to do with the way I seat on the bike. Another thing, I feel like I could use a taller seat, but I know I won't be able to touch the ground. Maybe a new seat will do it. I just don't want to spend the money on a new seat from CSC if it is going to push me forward. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm torn with doing my own work, or just letting a pro fix the seat. I figured if I reshaped and redid the padding, if I screw it up I could always buy a new seat

OH one last thing, do you guys feel like the bike just blows around in the wind? It is hard to tell if it is actually getting blown around or if the rear tire is off balance. I do not see any odd wear marks, so that tells me the it is balanced and mounted properly. So, I'm guessing the bike is just really light in the wind. I ride pass the Philly Airport and it always feels like the back end is going to fall off.
The CSC tall seat is flat in comparison with the stock seat. It doesn't make me slide forward but I found that my tailbone complained when the seat was new. A sheepskin took care of that, and now that the seat is broken in I don't need the sheepskin for that.

I haven't had any concerns riding in the wind, in fact, I've thought it handled the wind quite well. We get a lot of wind in Colorado where the mountains meet the plains. Have you check your tire pressure?