Thread: 2015 Hawk red
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 04:55 PM   #9

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcliker75 View Post
I went for my first ride today, thank God the rain finally stopped here in TN. I was very comfortable I must say. Being 6 foot tall I have no issues riding or reaching.
Hey madc ... glad you are geting it assembled, its a process that you will continue to find things to do a least a couple of weeks down the line. If your like me, you will enjoy the time in the shop puttering with it. I'd say give it some time and ride it moderately but often to get the feel of it and to test your abilities with the weight and performance , and to know what to expect from this inexpensive moto.

new rider myself this year. Love my new hobby. Put 92 miles on back road this sunday morning. Nice and cool in South TX for a change with the north wind we have been experiencing. These bikes aren't very fast so you kinda need to avoid traffic when possible. I put a bunch of led lights on mine including front and rear running lights . Some folks will flat run you down if you don't keep 100% in the game. I try to ride early since all the meth heads and zombies don't head for the Walmarts till at least 10am.

PS just turned 2000miles, and today's oil change was an honest BLACK not just dumping more break in oil. I finished my gallon of Rotella Dino oil and will go to the full synthetic next service
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~