View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 10:15 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
rj, the extra electrons are converted to heat by the regulator/rectifier. That's why it is best to have the R/R in a spot where it gets good air flow. You are not hurting anything by running the heated gear. I have a volt meter wired into my RX3 and when I crank up my heated liner there is only the slightest dip in voltage, maybe .01V. I doubt there is any significant change in fuel mileage either. Most electrical generation problems are heat related. If the alternator or R/R get hot you get higher resistance and melted wires. That might be the problem with your friend's BMW. As I recall, Triumph had a similar problem with the 800s.
no....no....no... Every Trek fan knows the unused electrons are collected in the energy capacitor and used on the bike's inertial dampeners and deflector shields to obliterate airborne debris and bugs from striking you in the face

Sorry PY .. couldnt resist
Now back to your regularly scheduled CR programming.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song