View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Hey spud, detours... what was the top speed with original sprocket. Does the replacement take anything out of the top end, is it significant or worthy the trade

P.s. been following the cooling thread
With the original 14T sprocket, was a little over 80 mph. Others have gotten a true 84 mph (GPS, not indicated).

But for me it was a fight to keep that speed. I simply could not maintain it with any change in terrain or headwind. I constantly had to downshift and found myself using 5 5th gearhear more than 6th. By the way, this is at mile high elevations, which does make a difference.

Clearly the engine was already at max output and had nothing else to give. Changing to the 13T sprocket opened up the powerband and gave me a usable 6th gear. It's easier to maintain speed and I can still go 75 to 80 if I want to. It's easier to start uphill and I really like having power at 3500 RPM instead of way up at 5000.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol