View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 02:13 AM   #13

My progressive shock was pretty stiff when Gerry first installed it and I finally got around to checking the sag.

I was surprised to see the preload was cranked almost to the max! No wonder it didn't feel much better than stock!

So I've spent the last several days moving the adjuster. It's taking forever because I can only move it a couple of notches at a time with my tool. I'm about halfway up the shock threads now. Tonight's ride was an improvement, but it's still way too stiff.

I'll get there eventually but to anyone who buys the progressive shock, adjust the preload to about 1/4 or 1/3 down the threads BEFORE you install it (on the light side), so you have less to adjust when it's on the bike.

BTW, I highly recommend this Ohlins shock spanner wrench. It can either push or pull the adjustment rings and it's narrow so it fits in tight spots.

http://www.amazon.com/Ohlins-Shock-S.../dp/B00415XAH0

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol