View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnp View Post
When I was trying to find a place to buy my Hawk I found Charlie's Power Sports on Google.
http://www.charliespowersports.com/

I called and asked if they sold Hawks. The guy who answered was, shall we say... NOT customer service oriented... and told me "we have about 500 of them.

I said, Ok! I'll come on over!

I drove to the location on Manyana in Dallas and discovered I was at Ricky Power Sports. I don't know - was there a name change?

https://goo.gl/maps/gy9LmqAKonm

I went inside. There was a warehouse with crates of motorcycles stacked everywhere. I walked in the office and an asian gentleman, maybe around 50, explained to me that he could sell me one but I wouldn't be able to register it. He told me I need to go to a dealer and they would register it for me.

I asked him if he had a recommendation for a dealer? He sent me to some place supposedly just up 35 "By the Honda Dealer". I went there. No one would answer the door even though it was a Thursday around 2pm.

Eventually I found a place in Arlington where I bought it. I don't want to really give them any press, because it turns out the assembly of my bike was done terribly, and I even got a machine that has the left footpeg welded incorrectly and pointing down by about 20 degrees. It's going to require actual cutting and welding to repair - though that was a factory problem obviously.

So, that's the whole story.
I think I got it John. you DO have to buy from a dealer, but that's not to say they have to register it for you. RPS as a wholesaler doesn't sell direct to public. I went through a dealer who happened to be in CA. if you bought from any of the internet sites that sell them, they would have given you MCO, etc, which you would need to get it titled, registered and plated there. TX doesn't seem to have a problem with registering the Hawk, unlike here in NC. either way though, you're all good!