View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Also since this is the "what you do? " thread, yesterday I took the tank off and tightened all the nuts on bottom side of tank. They were not loose but weren't any where near tight so I'm thinking with the thick gasket they don't need to be "really" tight? I tightened them so they were snug but not like they were holding on the axles. Anyone know the torque specs for them? Also added an Atlas Throttle Lock to the heated throttle grip. Took some doing as I had to belt sand the mating surface of the switch cover cause it was to tight and wouldn't let the throttle return under its own spring. rj
After I finished painting my gas tank, I re-assembled the bike and added a gallon of fuel. The fuel immediately began leaking out the bottom of the fuel tank.

The fuel tank had not leaked before, but I had been moving the tank around and resting it on the fuel pump as I was painting it with several coats of paint and clear coat. Therefore, I secured the bolts very tightly on both the fuel gauge and the fuel pump. I don't want to risk any more leaks, and I reckon I will purchase new gaskets if I ever replace either item in the future.

To be safe, I say tighten those bolts securely. You surely don't want to dump any fuel on a hot engine if you spring a leak while you are riding.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894