View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 TT250 View Post
I know the cable is a minor thing, it just gave me that final hit of feeling that maybe I'd made a dumb decision. I'm still kinda fighting that overall feeling but that's just me. I second guess and stress over too many things.

I turned 46 mid-April. Not too old, but I assume older than the average China bike buyer. I didn't get along with my Duc, the riding position and a few other things about it made it uncomfortable and hard to ride aggressively while feeling in control. Since I couldn't just cruise comfortably and couldn't get the feel to push it it had no value other than being a beautiful decoration for the family room, that part it did very well. I find I can ride the CBR1100 more confidently and comfortably in all situations so I sold the Duc. Right after it went away I bought a '76 Moto Guzzi V-1000 Convert that is in project stage. I considered the difficulty in getting used to a low performance bike before buying it but I like its uniqueness. I'm guessing the TT will break me of all high performance expectations and the Guzzi will feel like a hot-rod.
Don't sweat the buyer's remorse too much. Once you have a chance to get this bike out where it'll run for you, it will grow on you. I had a bit of trepidation when I first rode my hawk because it was running VERY lean and I'm not a carb guy. A little tinkering and learning and I'm enjoying it now. Remember that I paid less for my hawk, but I've just looked at it as a $1300 experiment. if it didn't work out, I'd sell it for what I could and chalk it up to trial and error. However, once I've settled into this thing, and had a chance to take it on a trip to the mountains, I'm liking it more and more. My goal now is to see how many miles i can put on it before it breaks.