View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 09:00 AM   #6

To the CT people...I read the statute. I think yall are talking to the wrong people to make a decision, and you are getting shafted. In the opening of the state statue you linked... "

Obtaining a Manufacturer's License

To obtain a Manufacturer's License under Connecticut State Law Title 14 Sec. 14-67a for a manufacturer or distributor of motor vehicles who sells products in Connecticut there are several documents which must be submitted. Listed below are the documents necessary to obtain a license"

What I am reading is for someone to manufacture and then distribute, or either, within your state. You didn't purchase the bike IN your state. It is neither manufactured nor sold in your state. You imported it from an outside state, you provided insurance in your state, and you need to speak with a higher level supervisor. I am sure there are old, feeble people who cannot or do not have the means to travel for hours across the state to register a car. Is that the ONLY state inspection location in CT? In one place? There is no way that is possible. They'd lose money on interstate commerce if they inspect trucks and the like there as well. In some states police/state troopers/highway patrol officers can inspect it either at their office or in person in the field, in MS every dealership and most tire shops are "state inspection stations" although they did away with that ridiculous stuff last year.
Keep calling. Talk to someone else. Even the Director of the whole organization has a phone number and an email. Email him and CC someone even higher than him. NO one likes being called onto the carpet for a poor decision. That's why so many dumbass ones are being made.