View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 02:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
I did this ride 2 years ago with Roger, and may be interested in doing part of it again with you all.

Could you tolerate a DRZ400S?

Have you done it before? Do you have the GPS tracks and program?

Are you camping or moteling (credit card camping)?

Without a GPS program it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find your way if not an expert on the local geography and very frustrating and even dangerous to get lost.

Roger and I did the Oregon route last year without a program (just maps and a GPS but not programmed) and it was a HUGE hassle and we spent A LOT of time trying to get on track.
Hey fastdoc. For this trip its just RX-3's and tt-250s, similar to what CSC does for their Baja rides, and that way all the CSC enthusiasts and owners can connect and share in the experience of such a cool ride like this. I guess someone could put some knobbies on the RC-3 sportbike when those come out, that would be an approved bike as well. I've ridden portions of the route already and will do some more recon work before the ride, but we'll definitely use GPS route and Butlers maps to do the route the right way and avoid getting lost or spending time trying to figure out where we are. We'll be doing hotel and camping. I myself probably will hotel it a night and camp another night but not sure yet. Glad to hear your feedback on the route though. You think you'll have an RX-3 before summer you can take with us?