View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 01:20 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
I take it moving the signals over is intuitive and straight forward?
Yes. It was straightforward, but move one turn signal at a time to keep track of which signal and which wire you're working on.

I would follow pretty much these steps to install the LED and torn signals on the 2015.5 light at the same time. Sorry if the steps are over the top. I'm a software tester and I can't help myself when I start writing procedures
  1. Place both new and old headlights on a towel or piece of carpet to protect the lens
  2. Remove the backplate from each headlight (9 screws each. Don't lose any!)
  3. Orient both headlights, lens down, the same way in front of you (up, down, left, right).
  4. Follow the wires from each turn signal to see where they connect on the 2015 light.
  5. Undo the nut on one of the signals and disconnect its wiring from the main harness. (Do one turn signal at a time)
  6. Move it to the corresponding side of the 2015.5 headlight and connect to the same color wires in the new wiring harness. I think the colors were the same.
  7. Disconnect the second turn signal and move it over in the same way.
  8. Reattach the cover on the 2015.5 light with 3 or 4 screws. Plug it into your bike and test the turn signals.
  9. If the left and right light up correctly, congratulations!
  10. Now would be a good time to install the GENNSI LED. Otherwise, put in all 9 screws and install the headlight on the bike.
  11. Use Loctite blue on the headlight bolts.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol