View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
1. I had to remove the backplate of the headlight to fit the power supply in there. I don't know how hot it will get, but it rests between the back of the reflector and the rear shell. With the hole I cut in the back, I think there's enough airflow. At least the main heat sink is fully ventilated.

2. Yeah, the whole heatsink screws on and off. The set screws are to lock the lamp in the desired rotation.

3. My set screws were ok. sorry yours stripped out Yes, the order of installation is LED lamp (without heatsink), locking ring, headlight boot, heatsink.

4. I didn't notice any rotational movement once installed. I'll check my installation again tonight. FYI, I have the 2015.5 reflector ... which one do you have?

5. I used the stock rotation and it was correct, but I don't know if they are all set the same at the factory. I'll check my rotation when I get home and try to get a pic.
I solved my power supply mounting by putting it on the back side of the headlight bracket at the bottom using some zip ties. By unplugging the turn signal wires from the harness I was able to get the H4 light connector outside of the housing. Had to route the light harness around the back of the right side of the bracket to get everything together.

I had your #3 figured out - that was logical.
I noticed that the locater on the reflector for the top tab was a bit to the right from vertical. I did a bit of a web search to try to figure out if that was normal - did not find any info. My suspicion is that my reflector (2015.5) was designed for left side of the road driving, dipping the right side of the low beam to keep it out of oncoming driver's eyes. That's why the left side of your low beam (and mine too) is higher than the right. Fortunately we can adjust that - by taking the unit completely apart again.