View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 04:35 PM   #37

Detours,
I'm in the process of installing the Gennsi LED and am struggling a bit.
1. where did you install the "power supply"? Your photo in an early post looks like you fitted it inside the shell. I have not been able to find room for it inside the shell; however I cannot see in there as well because I cut a 2.5" hole with a holes saw.
Comments:
2. I was unable to unscrew the set screw holding the heatsink; I finally looked in the hole with a flashlight - there was no set screw. Figured out that the heatsink was screwed on.
3. Before I figured out the heatsink I removed the tri-tab mounting plate so I could put the rubber seal and locking ring on. One set screw had not been tightened at all, and both stripped in the hex socket when I snugged them up, and I was being gentle.
4. The wide tab at the top of the mounting plate is not as wide as the OEM and the locater in the reflector shell. This allows some rotational movement of the lamp.
5. Where did you set the lamp in the mounting plate, rotation wise. Mine came at one mark from the last mark.

Edit: Does the power supply get hot/warm. That might be a problem if it is inside the shell.