View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I have an extra gio 250 chassis if you want the front end it is available .I also have a set of Suzuki pe250 rear shocks and the aluminum swing arm and rear wheel complete if that interests you .
Weld ,I have a fat cat I need to assemble one day ,there is a guy about an hour from me that has a spare engine for $50.00 ,next time I am in his area I will pick it up if he still has it .
Bruce.
I will def keep that in mind, Especially the shocks! Not sure how difficult it would be to swap on the swing arm from the Suzuki though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkN View Post
Oh yes, they did indeed. I had a very nice '83 XL200R a few years back.

If I'd have know then about the interchangability of the CG250 motors, I would have never gotten rid of it! Wish I had it now, I'd have a nice Zongshen 250 with it's e-start and 12-volts in it in a heartbeat!

For a few years (84 and 85), Honda also made an XR200R which included the 4-valve RFVC head and the dual-carb set-up. It wasn't a great hit, using much more complexity than a 200cc playbike demanded, and it went away.
From the brief reading i have done so far on the XLs apparently it is easy to swap to 12 volt...more or less the same process as on old cars. changing the bulbs and regulator to be 12 volt compatible. If it is literally that easy on this bike i am seriously going to consider it. Makes it a lot easier to get replacement parts to put the lighting back together.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)