View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
I dont have mine yet...but I'm wondering for those who take long rides, what happens when the tube gets totally filled and one keeps riding? I'm not saying ignore it, but if someone is doing a long ride out of state or whatever, and the tube gets filled and the rider misses it, what could a negative outcome be?
This has happened to me several times on rides longer than 3-4 hours. I've pulled the tube out from the OCS and liquid drips out of the OCS for a minute.

This means that fuel is starting to fill the OCS and block suction. When that happens, vapors will no longer be drawn from the crankcase and fuel will build up in your oil.

Obviously, you can drain it at every stop ... or pull the plug and let the fuel/oil/water drip to the ground all the time. But I really hate the idea of pouring out even more fuel than I already have to.

Unless I hear a convincing argument (as to why it's better to pour gas on the ground than to burn it), I'm going to stick with the opposite orientation. I've been running it like this for several thousand miles with no ill effects, no loss of power and good mpg (65 to 70 mpg).

And if it makes the engine run slightly richer ... well, I was going to pour that gas out anyway. I might as well give it a chance to burn inside the engine before sending it out the tailpipe.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol