Thread: Zongshen 450?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Mouse View Post
Duh, you can get black anodized, top loading aluminum 36l cases for $400 delivered.

And the CBX is only $6400 new 2016 model. Get the '15 model it's $4900 - $5400, and many dealers are still trying to get rid of any left over '14s for $4000. And that's not to mention the used market. And if you can't negotiate dealer fees, perhaps you should stick to ebay or craigslist.

I would suspect, that if CSC decided to also bring over the RX4, that the initial don't miss the boat price would make it totally worth it... but chances are, it'll retail closer to $5895 to keep it well under the KLR, at $6599. On paper it will look like a bargain, 6 speed, fuel injection AND luggage.

But if I'm going to be dropping $6-7k on anything, I'll be shopping around. And plastic luggage won't sway me one way or the other. Real world usage says that my wolfman soft bags are far better for extended trips anyway.

So I start looking at real world MPG, over all weight, torque, suspension travel, ease of repair, world-wide parts availability. Those alone, is why the KLR remains the Jack of All dual sports.

When I got the Cyclone, I seriously underestimated what a paltry 24hp actually means out anywhere but the city streets.

Clearly, I'm not brand loyal. I'm only loyal to the art of Adventuring and Dual Sporting. Whatever machine can get me there and back again, without much fuss, I'll back it!

I love your feedback. That was the majority of my conversation at Horizon's Unlimited this weekend to all the R1200GS crowd. Bigger isn't always better, but look down on me for carrying the little guy. Just remember, it's the little guy that is passing you while hauling ass overseas.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!