View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 03:18 PM   #1

Question Oil in stator case/cover on Hawk

Does anybody if theres supposed to be quite a bit of oil in the stator cover. Coming home from work it started to spit and sputter like it was out of fuel(thinking maybe fuel gauge was not 100% accurate,but it was low.)It died a few times but started right back up after a few seconds but would die shortly after. Managed to do this a few times to finally make it to a gas station to put a lil fuel in. Go to take off and no start. Checked for spark and nothing. Changed spark plug and all seemed well again until I went to take off then died. Checked for spark again and nothing. Went like this a few times. Coils is fairly new as is the cdi so I removed cover to visually inspect the stator(bc last time the stator wires got pinched in chain and broke a wire and killed it) and a bunch of oil came out. Like I took the drain plug out. Googled it and found that some are supposed to have oil bath while others do not. Found a page on Kazumapower that said its supposed to be dry. http://www.kazumaracing.com/trouble-...s-p-13392.html . Hopefully someone here know what is what.