View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Does the Gennsi Elite LED bulb project the high beam as far down the highway as an H4 halogen bulb? My primary complaint with most LED headlight bulbs is the short forward projection of the high beam.
I haven't done a side by side road test between the silverstar and the GENNSI, but I believe so. I'm reluctant to put the silverstar into my 2015.5 headlight because of the heat and melting issues.

Looking back, when I had the 35W stock lamp in my original 2015 headlight, going down the canyons at night was scary. I had no light to the sides and could not see anything on the roadside. Even roadsigns were dim. The silverstar helped by providing more light overall, but the 2015 headlight design simply doesn't project light to the sides.

When I upgraded to the CREE LED with the 2015.5 reflector, everything got better. It projected at least as far as my previous silverstar in the 2015 reflector and provided an excellent wide beam. However, with the CREE on low beam, other drivers frequently flashed their high beams at me, but I couldn't aim it any lower without pointing the low beam at the pavement.

Now, with the GENNSI in the 2015.5 housing, the beam pattern is slightly less full than the CREE but just as wide. Thanks to the low beam cutoff, I can aim it straight ahead as intended by DOT, illuminating distant road much better than the CREE on low beam and just as well as the CREE on high beam.

The GENNSI in the old 2015 housing is better than the stock 35W lamp. But if you've already melted the housing with a 55W halogen, I don't know if it's worth switching to the GENNSI.

On the other hand, the 2015.5 headlight is such a huge improvement, I have to recommend it. It eliminates the shadows from the forward beam and extends light to both sides. It really makes a difference.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Last edited by detours; 04-27-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Clarity between the 2015 and 2015.5 headlight