View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 09:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Factory sprocket had 4 bolt holes and was a 56t for some reason...

4 bolts/holes 90mm apart, here is a pic of the JT269.39 (this sprocket has 8 holes) installed on the Mrs. Bashan WILL.

Check the distance, if it's 90mm decide from there how much extra 'HP/Torque/MPH' you think the Storm 250 has to offer. Rider weight, motorcycle performance/weight, altitude, and several other factors come into play when choosing sprockets/gearing... again, I picked the 39t because it was in my budget and after I'm done with this Bashan build, I figured it would have plenty of extra 'oomph' for the 17t front 39t rear 'highway gearing'
Thanks so much for the pic, looks like my situation is the same. I made a rough measurement with a tape measure right before I left my house this morning and found the distance to be 92mm when converted to metric. I'll make a more accurate measurement with my calipers later but I suspect it will come out to 90mm.

Unfortunately I want the best of both worlds but can't have it. I like the current gearing for off-road use but the current setup sucks for street use.