View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
I saw some earlier posts about the fuel/oil separator being installed upside down from the factory. My '16 would appear to be upside down based on the photos shown. Has anyone contacted CSC to verify the correct orientation? I hate to blindly change something like that based on forum gossip....and if it is wrong how come the factory is still doing it wrong?

FWIW, I have had to drain about 2" (measured in the tube) of water/fuel out of my clear tube...250 miles on the bike. I'll go 350-400 miles in the next couple days. That will take me well beyond 'break-in' so I can see if this is a problem or just where I boiled off any moisture from shipping the bike.
I you like, I encourage you to call CSC regarding this matter. However, we have proved from experience, and logic, the correct orientation of the oil contaminant separator (OCS). We squelch gossip on these forums, and diligently seek the truth.

You aren't draining a lot of contaminants from the OCS. However, if you flip the OCS to the correct orientation, you will burn more of the fuel removed from the crankcase, and have less fuel collected in the OCS. The amount of condensed water vapor in the OCS should remain the same.

The Chinese obviously employ some unskilled workers on the assembly line for the simple installation of the OCS, and they don't realize the proper orientation. Even though Zongshen has a strong commitment to quality control, a simple mistake like this is still not uncommon for most Chinese motorcycles. Just flip the OCS to the proper orientation, and you will see good results. It's not a difficult job.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894