View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 08:22 AM   #25

Mate, sorry to hear the motor isn t going. I ve checked and I have the same motor. Compression problem on new motor? Not sure...though my motor wouldn t run properly, valves set acccording to what not...separate problems in all systems...had to go over everything methodically, but that was a while ago now. below some of my notes copied from the inti, which helped me at the time...hope sth helps, please ignore if you ve covered what s mentioned - i found that after working out all the details she rocked and still does :-) it may be a problem in the electrical system, a bad earth - would be worth checking the values of the electrical components (i did all that, applying loctite fixes, routing overly tight cables) and continuity with your multimeter.

VALVES
OHC motor, not pushrods.
According to Honda dealer in Japan http://www.ride-inc.net/file/32/data.pdf
MD33 (65.5mm x 66.2 mm) IN/EX = 0.1mm (0.004 inches)

To check the valve clearance, the piston must be top dead center (TDC) on the compression stroke. Use a 14 mm socket to rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise (Figure 12) until you see the "T" through the timing hole and the line to the left of the "T" is aligned with the index notch in the timing hole.
At this point, the piston is at TDC of either the compression stroke or the exhaust stroke. However, you need to make sure it's the compression stroke. One clue is that, as you approach the "T" mark on the compression stroke, you'll feel greater resistance in rotating the crankshaft (due to the compression).

If the engine is at TDC in the compression stroke, there will be some play in both the intake and exhaust rocker arms. (The adjusting screw can be moved up and down slightly.) But if the engine is at TDC in the exhaust stroke, there will not be any play in the rocker arms.
Plug

Manual says DPR8EA (extended tip plug), D8EA may run cold, gap should be 0.8-0.9 mm.
Honda230+clones have the NGK DPR8EA-9 sparkplug
The spark plug gap should be 0.6mm-0.7mm (0.02-0.03in). Normally it's ok with new spark plugs.