View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 04:11 PM   #28

Good news!!

I was finally able to make it to the Ohio title agency today in order to title & register the Storm. I called ahead prior to leaving my house to make sure I didn't need some unexpected document. As it turns out, the manager of the facility asked me to bring proof of delivery along with the certificate of origin & bill of sale. All I had for proof of shipping was a tracking document printed from the web and she accepted it as proof. The clerk could hardly believe the bill of sale only listed $1,299 as the sale price; I said, "Why do you think I bought it!?"

Shortly after titling the Storm I walked to the office next door, registered it and received a license plate and now I'm legal!! This is certainly something to think about for those who are trying to decide between a Hawk and Storm.

On another note, I phoned my insurance agent today in order to add the Storm to my policy. Turns out my yearly premium will now be reduced as I'll receive a multi-unit discount thanks to already having a street bike registered through them. I only added the Storm as liability only.