View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 10:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDoug View Post
Any luck on the shocks? Took the wife out on the Roketa this weekend and I am pretty sure the shocks are all show... What a rough ride! Would love to know if you smooth out your ride with the new shocks.
I got them installed today.. nice "performance " shock.. handles a lot better. BUT, check out my alinement and camber thread, I am going to write it now..
they fit but the quad needed to have shock hangers spread. and I had to do some grinding on the shocks to fit them, BUT not too big of deal.. added about 1-1.5 in of clearance,, It has a nice stance and feels super in the corners..

But NOT SOFTER..

I have one more adjustment down on the spring, I just haven't done it yet... The back I adjusted all the way out. to release the spring tension as much possible.. not bad, but I am 200# and I don't move it much...when I get on and off.. I have thought about heating them to take some spring out of it.. but scared I might wreck it.

I have the same looking shocks stock... and they are hard and do not handle. they go from hard to giving out in a corner.. and I ride to keep up with my kids.. I need all the edge I can get on those 8yr old boogers..LOL