View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #4928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
Wow. I don't know what kind of cars do you have over there.
Here in Argentina, this bike will out-accelerate almost -any- car, but the most sport oriented models, up to legal speeds, without much effort.
I have many years experience with the KLR, (both old and new models) and it was rated at 37 hp. And I would agree with your statement. It can beat 90% of all the cars on the road. The KLR is also carburated and weighs about 400 lbs.

Now the Cyclone weighs about 385 lbs, and is only rated at 24 hp.

It doesn't take a math whiz, to see that the KLR would naturally be faster, regardless of displacement. It has more Horsepower. That's a 54.1% increase in power over the Cyclone.

I'll do a video of acceleration getting on a freeway. I'm running bag-less, and have taken off most of the crap on my Cyclone, plus I've lost the weight of the stock battery. I'm thin, athletic build, so I'm not carrying around a spare tire. I can get the bike up to speed, probably faster than most, especially with clutchless quick shifts. And I can tell you, the bike just ain't that fast. It seems fast, but it's not.

Can I get out in front of traffic from a stop light? You Bet! If someone thought I was racing them, could they catch, and overtake me? You Bet! (Maybe not minvans, SUVs and pick-up trucks. But maybe, I dunno? But nearly anything built from 2010 and on could easily)