Thread: Clutch upgrade
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Did this happen before your video adventure or did it start after? I couldn't hear the engine over the music, but it seemed you had some difficulty navigating the dirt portion.
This was after the video that I changed the oil and did my valves. I've ridden a few times since the change and its getting maybe 5% better each time. Noticeable, but subtle enough to question if its actually better. I'll definitely be upgrading to the Maxima Synblend shortly and then will just ride that for a while.

In the video my buddy was on the blue bike and mine the unseen red bike. He's never ridden off-road before and did pretty good for his first time, and hes an amazing street rider. I have some dirt experience although I still have a lot to learn, but was still having fun on the RX-3 stretching its capabilities. We both got caught up on all the fallen tree branches. They look small in the video and lots you cant see, but the week prior we had over 100mph winds (162mph in other parts of the state) and that knocked countless branches on the ground that became incredibly slippery when wet to the point it could throw your whole bike. So we were trying to be careful with our speeds and take our time.