View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 08:49 AM   #74

Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
There must be two wires leading to the horn button. One wire supplies power to the horn switch, and the other wire transfers this power to the horn when the horn button is depressed.

Try this experiment. Connect the light green wire to the positive terminal of a power source, which can be a motorcycle battery, or even a 9V dry cell. Connect the dark green wire to one of the spade connectors on the horn. Finally, connect the other spade connector of the horn to the negative terminal of the power source. Then press the horn button, and see if it the horn works.
I triple checked, and the only wire that is attached to the HORN BUTTON is the light green one. The other 3 wires connect the Blinker Switch.

I can connect the light green wire to the Ignition Switch Black Wire, so when I turn my bike on the HORN will be in action. Then your saying leave the Dark Green wire that is already connected to GROUND. Then I will have to cut another wire and run this wire from a Negative Terminal?? Where do I find this, is this the BLACK wire that connects to the battery? or can I hit up somewhere in the front area of the bike?

Then when I find the right spot, Negative Terminal Ill connect that to the other end of the Horn Spade connector.

Is this right Spud?