View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 10:38 AM   #2

What vehicle/motorcycle are we talking about? Did you change any light bulbs lately (maybe changed some to LEDs?)?

If it's all original lights/flasher then:

I would start by checking the "Flasher" and any/all wires leading to your switch/buttons, the lights/horn, fuses, and the ground wires.

Usually a "solid/not flashing blinker" is due to a burnt out bulb, not enough electric draw to cause the "Flasher" to work, or an old and tired "Flasher" that doesn't work anymore (most only have a working life of 60 to 140 hours).

If it is your "Flasher" might I suggest looking into the Tridon brand (made in Australia), I always use them when I needed a new Flasher, I'm still using the one I bought 14 or 15 years ago for my Eagle Talon and it only cost $10 or $12 last time I bought one.

If you changed to LED Turn Signals, then you will need to either wire in some resistors or find a LED Flasher that is compatible with your vehicle... Both I'm not the best at with helping, I always got my Dad or the Internet to help me with the LED Turn Signals/Resistors wired.

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.