View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 10:25 AM   #12

All valid and well thought-out points, culcune. I totally agree that without proper financing, bigger SSR bikes are out of reach from the average China buyer, especially the buyer who wanders into a showroom or garage full of mini-quads and scooters. They're just out of place. I think that's what happened with Doug. He didn't finance either, so you had to cash out or put 3300.00 OTD on a Visa card.

That is what makes the Hondoids still so appealing. Their rock solid reliability and a constant flood of available parts. Heck, I just ordered an intake for my X-Moto (163FML) last night on Amazon to replace my cracked one! 7 bucks and free shipping! Add to that, anyone with a burger flipping job can afford them to get to work or school and back and it's an easy choice.

Fortunately, I'm not pulling the trigger soon on an additional bike. Other projects currently but man...knowing what I know now, I may have ordered two of the TT250's at the boat price....but then i look at my Q and think, "Man...that's a really nice piece of work."

Decisions, decisions.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350