View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #3

Thanks Spud.

I got a text yesterday morning from the shop Manager, her day off but said Romar was working on my bike now... AAAHHHHH was my my response.

I was out doing errands and hadn't planned on going to the city so I didn't have my exploded drawings with me but I raced the 11 Km into the city, that took 45 min., the traffic here is nuts and then the road work too.

Well Romar hadn't gotten to working on it yet but we did get to take the clutch out. I have to admit that I have a problem in communicating with many of the Filipinos because I don't speak the language, only a few basic works, not enough to communicate. And in Romar's case he doesn't speak English well. So he's trying to tell me before taking the clutch out that the Bronze is most likely bad. The Bronze??? He couldn't explain it to me, all he kept saying was "the Bonze".

As I mentioned, he doesn't have the experience with this engine, he mostly works on 100, 110 and 125 cc bikes. The Bronze he was referring to is a sleeve between the clutch housing and the shaft; seems the smaller bikes don't have bearings .

When he took off the clutch cover we could grasp the clutch housing and actually move it side to side or up and down, obvious movement and more than I'd think there should be. Pull out the clutch and there are two roller bearings, not Bronze bushing. It seems these two Roller Bearing are worn. I think it's odd that they would be worn at 4,700 Km but this seems the most likely issue at this time. I had him remove the magnetic drain plug and there was not metal pieces, chunks or shavings. I feel this is a good sign, if the Main Crank Bearing or Piston Pin were bad I'd expect to see some metal parts on the plug. Had only what I'd consider normal residue.

The two Roller Bearings do not show on the CSC exploded clutch housing diagram I printed, it looks more like a Bushing.

So now on Monday they have to contact the Manila main branch and see if the bearings are in stock and I doubt it , again my lack of confidence in Motorstar. I ordered a back up pair of rear disk brake pads the day I purchased the bike and now nine months latter they still have not arrived.

I'm going to contact my Taobao agent and see if they can help me find them, think I'll also send and email to CSC and see what they have to say. Even a month delivery time from CSC to me is better than 9 months of no delivery from Motorstar.

Thanks Spud for the Zongshen RX3: Clutch Assembly tutorial, http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15612, your pictures show the bearings well.

I'll let you know what develops up the road and if anyone else has ideas please share.
www.medicalmissionmatters.org