Thread: Zongshen RC3
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 04:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Wonder if Honda have plans for a X version
of the CB300R as they have done with
the CB500R "CB500X , soft ADV bike"

Being the Honda nut that I am, I had already asked Bruce ( the Honda dealership owner ) over at the dealership about 2 miles from my house about the possibility of a future
CB300X model. He said if they had any plans on it, he would have heard about it. And so far he has heard nothing at all.
Keep in mind that I had asked him about this 2 weeks after buying my CB300F and was unhappy with the seat and general overall seating position of the CB300F, but loved the seat on the CB500X. So roughly 10 months ago. They DO sit & ride different, even though the geometry looks the same. An inch added here & there can (does to my body ) make a HUGE difference on how a bike sits.
And for that matter, something as simple as the kind of foam used under the seat cover makes a difference as well. Just for shits & giggles, I rode a
2012 CBR250R ( all black and sharp as a tack! ) before I added the Vulcan 500 to my stable. LOOKS like the same seating set up as the 2015 CB300F, but it sat totally different. Seat was thicker and had softer more conforming foam padding in it. Felt really nice. So much so that I juuuuuussssst about got it instead. But was wanting a cruiser for some odd reason.

Would be realllly nice if Honda DID decide to build a 300X.