View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #14

I'm in! We should plan it during half decent weather, though! Sometime in the early Spring. How does May look to everyone? I'd like to do it fairly early in the riding season. I really want to take my X-Ranger 200 and have a nice laid back trip. With chinabikes we could have an easy, look at the scenery, enjoy the ride pace!

Also, what part of the state does everyone want to see? Pumpkin and I did a one day ride earlier this year, that took us from Morgantown down to Spruce Knob and back. We did close to 400 miles I believe. I cheated and rode my 950.

Below is a picture from Dolly Sods, WV. This picture wasn't taken on the trip Pumpkin and I took but a later one. This is looking out towards Petersburg, WV! Great dirtroads and awesome scenery! I'd also like to swing down through Green Bank. You've got to see what's down there! Very interesting! We may be able to find some dirtroad shortcuts through some nice areas. Another though may be the Sinks of Gandy! Are we looking at two or three days?

Pumpkin and I have also been talking about doing a Blue Ridge Parkway trip on our chinabikes! We could take two days vacation and have a week off to ride the BRP. If anyone is interested in doing this, please let us know. We could plan that too! Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway have a speedlimit of 35mph and 45mph, perfect for chinabikes. The bottom pictures are from the BRP trip I took in October. Nine of us rode to Pigeon Forge, NC and onto the Cherokee National Forest, the Cherokee Indian Reservation and Deal's Gap. Three of us did the entire length of the BRP and Skyline Dr. on the way home. AWESOME trip! Next time, I plan to video it.

2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II