View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 11:52 PM   #5

You should contact the place you purchased it from - more than likely, they'll send you a completed MCO in the mail. The one that came with my bike was blank too - I got the completed one a few weeks later. Registering seems to be a state-by-state crap shoot, but here in TX, to title/plate required the MCO, a receipt (for taxes), and the official form from passing inspection (part of the VIN verification). And most importantly, the checkbook, of course.

The off-road use only sticker may be tied to the EPA data - if your state requires some kind of emission verification (mostly blue states) - they have two different lists, on and off road. The Hawk is EPA certified for off-road only, so that has caused problems for some folks. I'm betting you'll be OK in South Carolina.

Another thing on the headlight - if you get in there and check the terminal block voltage, also check the bulb itself for short/open. Both of the elements for the low and high beam should read back some low resistance or show a short, they shouldn't show open. If they do, that'll confirm the bulb for you.