View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #46

First time in the dirt

Finally took the bikes out for their maiden voyage today. Went to the Croom ORV park north of Tampa. Aside from the bikes first time out it was my sons first time on a full size dirt bike. Overall the bikes performed well - plenty of low end power for trail riding - pulled my 240 lbs with the greatest of ease. Also the smaller wheel base seems well suited for trail riding. My son laid his down in the sand a few times without any major damage. Never really had a chance to crack the throttle wide open. Did end the day on a down note with my bike though - during one of the boys close encounters with the FL sand I rode over to him and turned the bike off. When I tried to restart the engine using the starter it didnt work. When I pushed the starter button all I heard was a small click.
It did finally kick start though - not at first though. Anybody ever have a similar problem? Going to swap out the battery first and see what happens.
The bikes and my Pinzgauer did have other riders asking about them - most had never seen a Chinese dirt bike let alone a truck like the Pinz