View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 11:38 PM   #65

My centerstand was one of the first of the new style. It had not been ground. The stand barely went over center and if you bumped the bike from behind it would easily come off the stand. I measured the angle of the stand using the center of the contact point with the ground and the center of the pivot - it was about 2 degrees past vertical. I measured the centerstand on my Stelvio and found that the angle was about 10 degrees. I notified CSC and was advised to grind the stand. I have done that, removing about 1mm, and am now at 10 deg with good stability, and the rear wheel is off the ground.

Spud, thank you for the idea of putting pennies in the spring to ease installation. I put 12 pennies in while the bike was on the centerstand. When I took it off the stand the spring was loose. I didn't need the spring while checking my grinding, going a bit at a time. When I was done with the grinding I just slipped the spring back on, deployed the centerstand, and removed the pennies. Easy, except one thing: To be sure that the pennies didn't pop out I used pliers to press them further into the coils. When I removed the pennies I found that they were bent! Oh well, 12 cents down the drain.