View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #8

I wonder if Adam Renkleff (sp?) can figure out which 'brands' the Hawk is sold under in the countries south of the US border (for parts reference).

If you can figure out how to get to Yuma for cheap, you can start out from here since I am within spitting distance of two Mexican border crossings. The only catch I can see (depending on your point of view) is that the off-sight private offices that used to register bikes without the 1 hour wait and inspection of the state MVD no longer can register mail-order bikes, so you would have to go to the MVD office to have it inspected. My one issue I had with my TMEC was they had to call Excalibur Motorsports to confirm they sold the bike to me even though it was on the MSO. Fortunately, Excalibur always answers, AND the owner, Wade, took the call. The advantage is that you get a plate and the title once they physically inspect the bike, and send you on your way.

There is a place in Phoenix (easier to get to Phoenix than Yuma) that sells the Bashan 250 bikes, but those are offered at $1800 or so (plus tax and registration), but at least they PDI it. But getting kind of expensive. Not sure if you want to consider the CSC TT bike if the timing is right and the higher price could be justified (the initial batch is within range of higher end dealer prices of the Hawks and Bashans if I am not mistaken). However, you will have to pay for shipping, and if you opt to pick it up in southern California, they do not issue a plate and registration at the point of sale, so you will have to figure out how these can catch up with you (and if Mexico or any of the countries south of Mexico even allow a brand new, unplated bike)?!

Just some things to consider, and again, if you want to try Yuma, you are most welcome to come down this way and I could try to figure everything out from here. Again, the price of a bus ticket (and we do have expensive flights) from Phoenix might make this prohibitive, as well as going directly to Phoenix might make this NOT worthwhile for you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard