View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
wait!
there is a mcyle dealer in peru that posts on the horizon board. he specializes in buying and fully prepping, documenting, and setting up one of several kinds of bikes for budget american travelers. you fly in to peru, ride around a bit till your papers arrive in your name then head out wherever u want.
If come back his way, he will buy the bike back. easy peasy.
one english couple has posted a blog on their whole trip, including chile and argentina etc.
lots of peeps have vouched for this guy, an expat. i think somewhere on this board someone posted his info.

very inexpensive, and extremely practical. let me try to run down his info
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...get-ride-76478
Yeah I've been in contact with Toby. The only downside of that is, I miss the joy of Mexico and the banana republics of Central America. His buy back program works on full purchase price minus $13/day, so after 120 days in SA the buy back will be $240 on a $1800 purchase price. So the price of the bike and an airline ticket. Totals $2007.

The cost of the Hawk is $1295, $400 to get across the gap. Total $1695

Yeah there will be costs to get from Georgia to Panama but that will easily be offset by the cost of getting back to Peru from Ushuia.

The biggest plus is if I have to bail due to illness,accident, whatever the Hawk is the winner there.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid