View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 11:21 PM   #7

Ok, the place is called Cash and More II. It is located at 1902 Bell Rd. in the Phoenix area (not sure if it is in Phoenix or one of the several cities that comprise the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. There is Cash and More 1 as well. Both locations are check cashing, title loan, and cash advance places that also are authorized MVD off-site offices. They make their money on the fees above and beyond what the state charges for registration issues. For instance, I paid $56 for what was a $31 state fee. Trust me, as the Yuma MVD office was trying to make me bond my title for over $100, this was worth it as the registration went right thru. Now, I can renew it online, and even get a 2 year registration next year. It put my faith back into the state of Arizona.

I lived and worked on the Navajo Reservation for 2 years from '02-'04. There is an endless treasure trove of riding all thru there. It's about a 2.5 to 3 hour trip from Phoenix up there by car, so double that time for one of these bikes. If you have the common Monday holidays (one of the "perks" of working in education), it might be best to try a three day weekend.

If that doesn't sound feasible, maybe a ride this way, thru Yuma, and into Mexico, to El Golfo (this is the closest body of water to Phoenix and Yuma) which is the closest town to the US on the Sea of Cortez. I think it's only an hour or so from Yuma.

My thing is, I don't have a truck, but if someone from Phoenix has one, this trip could be very doable. Just meet at my place, unload, and ride across the border to the land of M-80's, bottled Tacate, and cute Latina hookers.