View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 08:38 AM   #11

Hello Forum

Despite the cold weather and that I had to work on Xmas, still managed to get a few short rides around town, 60-ish miles on the bike so far.

Yes, the down drain clear pipe is half full of clear pale yellow fluid, not milky, no particles. And yes, the capsule shaped separator on my bike is NOT mounted the way shown here in this thread i.e my clamp is on top, hose to airbox has a large bend and the nipple /vent to airbox is on/towards the bottom.

So should I simply invert the stock arrangement? Wonder if anyone who had talked to CSC about this and what was the feedback from CSC/ Zongshen

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
The oil separator for the RX3 engine is shown below.

As the piston is pushed down by the burning fuel in the combustion chamber, some of the exhaust gas pushes past the piston rings, and exits the crankcase vent tube. This gas is also persuaded to exit the crankcase by the tube which connects the oil separator to the air box, which is an area of high air flow.

The crankase vent tube connects to the oil separator, which uses foam to separate the oil and liquid contaminants from the gas. Gravity causes the oil and contaminated liquid to fall into the tube below the oil separator. The contaminated gases are drawn into the air box, where they are infused with the fuel/air mixture, and burned in the combustion chamber of the engine.

The CSC blog describes this process in the July 1, 2015 installment, which is linked below.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=17262